Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So, I might be in love....

After dinner yesterday, I was surfing around the Internet looking for some new recipes to try out when I stumbled upon something called "Zoku Quick Pop Maker."

I am now officially in love with it.

I am not really a Popsicle type of girl. I always went straight for the fudge bars and ice cream, but since I have been on Weight Watchers, I can really see the benefit of having one of these in our house.

This nifty little gadget says you can have fresh, homemade, beautiful Popsicle in seven to nine minutes. They said it works off of the same principle as an ice cream maker, where you freeze the unit overnight, take it out of the freezer and just pour your concoctions into the molds and wait with baited breath for a few minutes while your Popsicles form.

You can also make my favorite, pudding pops (Bill Cosby would be so proud) by making the pudding mix and then pouring it into the molds.

What really got me, was how beautiful the Popsicle look. There are different layers and even ginormous pieces of fruit just suspended in the sugar water goodness.

The only thing that is holding me back from swiping our credit card is the price. I just have a hard time shelling out $49.95 for a Popsicle maker. Maybe I will just buy the Ice Pops Cookbook for $15 and try my luck at the traditional, old fashioned plastic molds that you stick in the freezer and wait an eternity for them to harden.

Have any of you tried the Zoku? What is your favorite Popsicle recipe?

1 comment:

Sam_I_am said...

that thing does look amazing! I agree though that $50 is a little pricey!