Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm Making a List, and Checking it Twice

I think that it starts to become the norm, rather than an exception, that we never take time to smell the roses.

Life gets in the way of simple pleasures like going for a walk through the neighborhood in the evening, visiting a favorite restaurant or even sitting down to send a long over due email to a friend.

This summer I am going to try and change that. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my "Summertime Bucket List." This is going to be my list of things I hope, no; make that I WILL accomplish over the course of the summer.

1. Finish a great classic book

2. Go on a picnic

3. Eat at "Riversedge Cafe"

4. Try to make cake pops

5. Go to the drive-in again

6. Give myself a nice at home mani/pedi

7. Visit the local winery

8. Try strawberry wine

9. Find a hammock for our front yard

10. Send long emails to friends, and respond quicker to their emails.

Wish me luck on my quest this summer!

2 comments:

Andy - Instafather said...

I hope this doesn't mean you plan on dying at the end of summer.
But it's a good list, and very summertime-ey. I think you can knock off the picnic/wine stuff in one day, easy.

Sam_I_am said...

I haven't been to the winery, but I tried their wine at the Lakeside Bridal show and it's sooooo good. That's how I convinced my husband that he needed to go to the show.