Thursday, January 8, 2009

He's not my friend


I really can't stand winter. Sure, it has it's nice points like drinking hot tea or hot coco all snuggled under a blanket with a special someone. Or how I can justify hitting the snooze button a few extra times because it is just too cold to get out of bed.

But, for the most part I can't stand it. I hate being cold, having to layer up and wear shoes and socks all the time. I also really hate having to worry that I might step on a patch of ice and end up on my bum. (I am not the most graceful when it comes to walking.)

I love to be able to have the windows open, have a warm breeze float through the house and having pretty painted toes slipped into some colorful flip-flops.

Right now as I type this it is 25 degrees outside, and tomorrow's high is only supposed to be 27! By this Saturday, they are calling for us to receive three to six inches of snow.

When it is this cold, I don't want to leave the house and then I feel like a prisoner.

I thought I would make a great winter dinner for my husband and I, Shepard's Pie, and I ended up dropping the casserole in the oven, upside down, and ended up with our dinner all over the oven. Thank goodness McDonald's is only a half mile up the road. (Incidentally, my husband dropped his French Fries all over the floor, next to the oven. There is some bad juju going on around the oven.)

Well, perhaps a cup of tea will improve my mood and warm me up.

Here's hoping!

No comments: