Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups A' La Weight Watchers

Sooooo....my scale and I have been having a battle all week long.
I told my husband not to be surprised if he comes home and sees the scale in the middle of the yard because I have gone "Office Space" on it.

I know it is not completly the scale's falt, but what's so fun about blamming myself?

Last week when I want to my Weight Watchers meeting, they had this wonderful recipe for low calorie, low fat and low points peanut butter cups.

I was a little skeptical at first, because I love peanut butter cups and feel that they belong in a food group all their own, but I do have to say they turned out quite tasty.

The best part about the recipe, is that it is easy to make and only requires three ingredients!!


You will need:


8 oz. of Fat Free Cool Whip

1/3 Cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter

1/4 Cup Reduced Sugar or Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup (To be honest, I think sugar free chocolate syrup tastes like motor oil, and the difference between the SF and Regular really isn't that much, so if you want to get regular you can.)


Combine the peanut butter with only 1 cup of Cool Whip in a bowl. Mix well. Then fold the remainder of the Cool Whip until well mixed.


Using foil cupcake holders, drop about 1 to 2 Tablespoons of the mixture in each cupcake holder.


Put a little chocolate syrup on top. (Learn from my mistake, if you use SF syrup it will come out faster than you think.)


Pop these bad boys into the freezer.


Once frozen take out of the cupcake holders and put them in a baggie.


Keep frozen until ready to eat.


This recipe will make 12 peanut butter cups. Each cup is 2 points.


Of course this isn't as good as the real thing, but it is pretty darn close!


Enjoy!!

No comments: