Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy (Sort of) First Day of Fall

I really love Fall! I know I have probably written this before, but I really love it!

Each year, the Hubby and I go to haunted house attractions, decorate the house for Fall and enjoy hot apple cider.

For the past couple of years, I have been asking Kev to go apple picking. After years of us never being able to go because we never could find the time, or we just kept on putting it off, we finally went this year!



It was really a lot of fun and it was an absolutely beautiful day!




We even came across our friend "the woolly worm" who let us know that it looks like it is going to be a pretty mild Winter. (Here's hoping!)



Kev thought the apples looked so good, that he decided to test them out right in the orchard!



I guess he needed his strength to help carry all of the apples that we picked.




Once we got them home, we dumped all 65 apples into the sink to wash them.



Then I enjoyed an apple the best way possible, with a little bit of peanut butter.

I wanted to make apple butter yesterday, but I forgot I needed brown sugar. Luckily I was able to grab some when I was out this morning and I am in the process of reducing the apple puree.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Apple picking is on my list of Fall to-do's! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun and those apples look delicious!

Stopping by from Lady Bloggers Tea! :)

xo,
Meg

[Life of Meg]
www.megnificentlife.blogspot.com

Classic NYer said...

Hey, stopping by from LBS!

I haven't been apple picking since I was a child... but one of these years, I'm going to have to rectify that, no?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by from the tea party! I love seeing caterpillars :-)

emilieDwolf said...

Fall is September is definitely the month for apple fever to take over. I made applesauce out of some of our apples.

I hope you are enjoying the Lady Blogger Tea Party!There are lots of wonderful ladies to meet.

Take care!

Purple Carrots and Fairy Smoke

shrink on the couch said...

I lurrrrve apples with peanut butter. It's what got me through the 3rd trimester of both pregnancies (couldn't stomach meat). Greetings from LBS. Love your shabby chic blog design.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I work about 5 miles from a huge apple community. Have I ever gone apple picking? Nope. I don't know why. Every year I say I'm going to, and I just never do it.

That looks like so much fun and I would really love to make my own apple butter!