Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow ..."

As I sit here typing this, snow is falling gently outside laying a nice blanket to wrap all of the neighboring houses and trees, I have the Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack playing on the CD player in the next room, and the Christmas tree is lit.

Too bad my husband had to work today, or else it would be the perfect snowy morning!

I am not a person who really enjoys winter and snow. In fact, I hate it because I can't wear flip flops!

But, there is just something so magical about the very first snowfall of the season right around Christmas time.

It is like walking into a Thomas Kinkade or Currier and Ives painting!

So, if you live in a place that is blessed with the gently falling snow today, go out and enjoy it before it is all turned to a chalky, salty or cindered mess.

No comments: