Thursday, December 31, 2009

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning's End

Well, we are at another end of a year. It is hard to believe that it is already 2010!

When I was little, I thought 2010 sounded so far away and imagined that we would have flying cars, robots to clean our homes and we would be all working at "Spacely's Sprockets."

Even though all of those dreams of the future haven't come true, (too bad, I would really like a robot maid to clean my house), there still have been plenty of innovations that make our lives a whole lot better.

Over 20 years ago, who would have thought that Web sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Twitter would be available, let alone the idea of social networking over the Internet.

Who would have thought that such a wide database of information would be available at our fingertips thanks to sites such as Wikipedia.

Is is virtually impossible to not find what you are looking for while surfing the net. From how to carve a turkey to how to solve difficult math equations it is right within our grasp and imagination!

But, no matter how far we have come, as part of our human nature, we try to make things better every year, including ourselves.

This brings me to my New Year's resolution part of my blog.

Everyone and their mother and brother have a New Year's resolution.

I could always go with my old tired and true resolution of dieting and exercising. But, when I don't live up to my expectations, I am disappointed and feel like I failed.

This year, I am going to do things a little different.

In the spirit of Social Networking sites, I am going to try and make my 2010 all about networking.

This year am I am going to reconnect with past friends and acquaintances and create new ones. I am going to find a place to volunteer. Not just any place to spend some idle time, but a place that I really feel passionate about.

I am going to find a choir or theater group to join. I have really missed having those two elements to my life.

And, I am going to count my blessings and be thankful for the friends and family that I have. Unfortunately, as many of us know, life can change in an instant.

I am not really sure who reads this blog, or if anyone does, but if anyone is reading these words on this page I hope that you and your loved ones have a very happy and safe New Year, that is filled with many pleasant surprises and blessings.



No comments: