Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Recap 11/11-11/13

Had a wonderful weekend! (I consider Friday as part of my weekend.)

Friday:

- Worked on two great stories for the paper at work
- After I finished the day, I stopped by the Service League Thrift Store in downtown. After doing a story about this place I had to go back. Picked up about five pairs of earrings and a necklace for $5.50. You can't beat that price
- Got a haircut to match my new auburn hair color! Decided to go with a short bob style
- Had dinner with my in-laws
- Continued to play LA Noir. Really enjoy the game because it is more like a choose your own adventure movie rather than an action game

Saturday:
- Made Pumpkin Spice Pancakes for breakfast
- Visited our friends in the City
- Went to Handmade Arcade and picked up a couple pairs of earrings, headband and a poster for our bathroom
- Ate at a great restaurant called Spice Island Tea House and had Singapore Rice Noodles and Jasmine Iced Tea
- Because we are old people, we came home and went straight to bed. I was asleep at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night. I know, sign me up for AARP

Sunday:
- Had brunch with my parents
- Went to Target to pick up a few things and looked at all of the fun Christmas decorations
- Didn't have to do any laundry this Sunday
- Kevin made Walt Disney World's Cheddar Cheese Soup. It was so yummy
- Worked a little bit more on crocheting our Afghan.


Things that I am looking forward to this week:
- I don't have any meetings to cover the week so my evenings will be pretty open.
- Can't wait for my shipment of ELF (Eyes Lips Face) to arrive sometime during the week
- Going shopping to fill our Christmas Shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse
- I really want to go to Bingo on Thursday.
- Going to put my new goal into action of shutting off the computer and my phone at 8 p.m. I hope this will help me sleep better at night and help my mind shut off.

How was your weekend?

No comments: