Thursday, August 26, 2010

Time passes slowly

I feel like I spend a lot of my life waiting.

I wait for Christmas to arrive.

I wait for Christmas to be over.

I wait until I have finished my work to go and play.

I am waiting for our cruise to arrive.

And as I sit here, I am waiting for an interviewee to call me back.

But, I guess the good thing about waiting is it is SUPPOSED to teach you about patience. To teach you to be calm and carry on and to take time to smell the roses.

For those of you who know me really well, you know I have no patience what-so-ever! I am a horrible person to be stuck in traffic with. Even though I know, no matter how much I get myself into a snit, I cannot make the traffic go any faster or improve the situation, but I will still complain and huff.

There is the old saying, "good things come to those who wait." I think whoever came up with this, was just probably sick of sitting in the car, stuck in traffic, with someone like me.

So since I have this waiting problem, I need some advice. What do you do to help you count down the hours, days or months while you wait?

No comments: