Wednesday, January 12, 2011




As soon as the ball drops in New York City, every one's New Year's resolutions start to kick in. A lot of people resolve to quit smoking, be nicer to people or to even stop swearing. But, the number one promise for the new year, is to lose weight. (This is how places like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers stay in business.)

Personally, I have learned from past experience to not even attempt making a resolution. I never stick to them and it almost sets me up for failure. So I continue to try and eat better without setting a goal for myself.

If you have read my blog in the past, you know that I am trying to follow Weight Watchers (WW). One particular website that has been my beacon of hope against the tyrants of chocolate cake and peanut butter straight from the jar is Hungry Girl. Her recipes are simple, and more importantly delicious.

Apparently, I am not the only one who feels this way because Cooking Television (a sister station of the Food Network) has decided to give her a show.

She had her first episode last Saturday at 4 p.m. and was all about pizza. Pizza while being one of the favorite foods of dieters everywhere, is often loaded with tons of fat, calories and carbs.

One recipe I really loved involved flour tortillas.

Ingredients:

1 large flour tortilla (around 100 calories)
Pizza Sauce ( I really love the kind that comes in the squeeze bottle)
String Cheese
Turkey Peperoni (It tastes like the real thing and at only 70 calories for 17 slices it is a calorie bargain)
Any spices you like (I use fresh ground pepper, oregano and garlic powder.)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Put tortilla on a cookie sheet and place in oven for three minutes, flip, bake for another three minutes.
3. Pull the cookie sheet out and top the tortilla with your pizza sauce and other goodies.
4. Pop back into the oven for five minutes.
5. Slice and enjoy.

Like I said you can put whatever you want on top and have a delicious yummy pizza for around 200 calories. Add a side salad and you have a delicious lunch full of pizzeria flavor but not full of the fat.



This recipe is courtesy of Hungry Girl. Go to hungrygirl.com for more yummy recipes.

No comments: