Sunday, November 4, 2012

October Favorites


October is my absolute favorite month out of the whole year. It is the month I started dated my husband, it is our wedding anniversary, we take our annual vacation, plus it is the time when the leaves change and we get to start wearing our favorite sweaters and scarfs.

When, I sat down to think about my favorite things in the month of October it was a little difficult because I really enjoyed this month.

A sampling of a few of my favorite items

Favorite Book: "The Tao of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff
This book takes Taoist principles and explains them through the characters and situations in the various Winnie the Pooh books. I really liked the book because it explained a lot of principles, such taking time to relax, and related them to modern life. It goes to show that Winne the Pooh was not just a "silly old bear."

Favorite Beauty Product: Say Yest to Carrots lip gloss
I picked up this on markdown at Target. The color is a nice pinkish-peach color that is natural looking. With a slight mint scent, the gloss wasn't too sticky and had a nice shine/

Favorite Beverage: Pumpkin Spice K-Cup
Nothing says fall to me like pumpkin flavored coffee. The pumpkin spice K-cups aren't overly spicy or too sweet. While I do enjoy the Starbucks variety it is sometimes too sweet and too oily for my taste.

Favorite Shower Item: April in Paris Shower Gel from Bath and Body Works
I am a fan of floral and spicy shower scents. I am not a big fan of vanilla or food type smells in the shower. This particular body wash has a pretty floral scent that is not too overpowering. What I really like about it is because it lingers on the skin long after I am done in the shower.

Favorite Seasonal Product: Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works
I am sure you are seeing a trend here. In my opinion, nothing can beat the candles at Bath and Body Works. Since we have cats, unfortunately we can't light the candles, but we can put them on a candle warmer and still have the scent. This particular candle smells very autumnal and has a slight spicy scent. 

Favorite Household Product: Doctor Watkins All Purpose cleaner
This product is great on counter tops, is non-toxic and has a terrific lemon smell that makes the whole kitchen or rooms smell so clean. Plus I don't worry to much if little cat feet step in it while it is still drying.

Favorite TV Show: American Horror Story (first season)
We recently began watching the second season of American Horror Story on FX and we were curious about the first season. We decided to rent the DVDs from our local video store, and I have to say I was really impressed. I think the problem with a lot of movies/shows that are "horror" are too bloody and either have vampires or zombies. Whatever happened to a good old fashioned ghost story? I think this particular season does a great job with the ghost story genera. The actors are really good, and you genuinely care about what happens to the characters. While the series is adult in nature, if you are looking for a good TV show with drama, a little humor and mystery I suggest the first season of American Horror Story.

Well, there you have it! Those are my favorites for the month of October. Next month, I will share my favorites for November. 

What were some of your favorite things this month?
 

No comments: