Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It is like finding $400

As many of you know, from one of my previous posts, I have become pretty enamored with coupons.

I had started during the middle of May and have been keeping track of how much we have saved during the whole process.

I was able to combine my love of coupons with my love of spreadsheets (don't ask) and from approximately May 25 to May 29 I was able to save $483.83!! That is a pretty good chunk of change, if I may say so. If I take just $400 and multiply it by 12, that is an additional $4,800 a year in savings!


Since yesterday was June 1st, I had to start a new chart, so my grocery shopping trip yesterday was not part of my previous tracking. After going to Rite Aid, Walgreens, Target and Aldis, I purchased four bottles of suntan lotion, three bottles of Aveno lotion, two packages of light bulbs, Alice in Wonderland on Blu-Ray, two boxes of cereal, 10 Weight Watcher Frozen Meals, six Sobe Lifewaters, just to name a few of the products. All of these products pictured right would have cost $125.66, but because of coupons, sales and rebates, I got everything for $62!




The reason why I am sharing this is because, if I can do it, you can too. It just takes some time, organization and planning. If I would not have Hip2Save I would have lost and overwhelmed with the whole coupon process. So, I am interested in starting a sort of "Coupon Club" where I live.

The club could meet once a month and discuss various topics and even take some "field trips" to the different stores in the area to see how to shop and get the most bang for your buck!

Another aspect of the club could be a coupon exchange. For example, at this moment, I do not have a need for coupons that are for baby products. But, I know many of you do. I could exchange the baby product coupons for something that I need.

Let me know what you guys think. If you are interested, leave me a comment, or send me a message on Facebook.

I would love to get the club up and running!



No comments: